View Single Post

Old 06-09-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrp01 View Post
No...I did see it monitored though...Today i witnessed barn writing up granny on Buena Vista .. In an unmarked car....The poor lady was scared out of her wits..I drove by three times and she was held there for over a half hour...very nice huh..I have also witnessed speed traps set up on Churchill Downs and they were checking carts too...seems we are a little "over protected" but really just here for their milking at will...
Having lived here a few months now, I love the sense of entitlement so many Villagers seem to have. The old, "Im a taxpayer, I pay their salaries, they should be out busting the real criminals and leave us alone" mentality. Its never that they were speeding, or drinking and driving, or a myriad of other violations, they were targeted because they have money, or the police have a quota, or they are generating revenue, blah, blah, blah...The old lady probably deserved the ticket so give it a rest...The police are supposed to just look the other way because shes old? How do you know Granny Clampett doesnt already have a dozen violations on her driving record? Do you even know what she did? Oh sorry, my bad, we are entitled, I just havent lived here long enough get into the spirit yet...