View Single Post

Old 06-11-2011, 08:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Gilbert View Post
I've been following this forum for about 6 months now. My wife and I are considering the Villages as an option for a place to live out our lives. But reading the different posts I'm getting a feeling that the residents there have a sense of entitlement that I'm not sure I like.

It's OK for the Morse family to dictate many aspects of daily life but.....

Don't mess with my right to have my dog in a crowded square or anywhere else I want.

Kids are evil. even a young child temporarily staying with grandparents who lost a parent and other parent is serving in Iraq. And yet the Villages has a school district.

The police are just after my money. If I want to drink in my golfcart I can. Or traffic laws don't apply to golfcarts.

And many similar posts

Is this the general outlook of the Villages? (I'm old so I do what I want) or am I just seeing a small cross section of the populations outlook?

We're coming down for a quick visit in Sept. and really want to like the place but attitude plays as much of a factor as the physical aspect in deciding if it will be for us
We have lived in the Villages for over 5 years now and our excitement, enjoyment and novelty of the lifestyle has not worn off. Our neighbors and friends are the greatest we have ever had. I believe you will find the general outlook of Villagers overwhelmingly positive. Bear in mind there are 80,000 residents enjoying life here. With that statistic in mind, even in the harmonious paradise "Shangri-la" of James Hilton's Lost Horizon, you will find a small percentage of those who take exception because it's who they are. Your "small cross section of the population's outlook" nails it. I would qualify it further by adding "a very small section".

Life is good in the Villages.