View Single Post

Old 06-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Location: PBG originally NYC. Moving to The Villages in 2012!

I'm pretty sure I love this place, my spouse and I will hopefully move there in 2012.
1. As far as the Morse family dictation....it's about the whole and how to make the majority happy like a condo association. (if you can't get along...pass)
2. I'm not sure of the dog in the crowded square but there are dog parks/runs. It is dog friendly.
3. There is a School in the Villages but my understanding it is for the employees children. I think it is good for our interests in that it keeps employees more interested in staying and doing good jobs knowing their kids are getting a great education. They are not kid hating as you imply. There are programs that are geared to children and their grandparents. This is a community of retired folks. Many of us have done it, been there and well, frankly, don't want to be in that position again full time.
4. You can say that about police anywhere. For me I like having their protection and if something isn't right or I feel wronged I will look into and get answers.
You sound like you're the 'glass is half empty' type and well, from what I've picked up from the threads, articles, television blurbs etc the majority that live in TV are more of the half full mentality. I like that.

Good luck in your visit and try to enjoy yourself