View Single Post

Old 06-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
No, I was talking about either "sitting still" or "driving." If you are seated behind the wheel and it's your cart and you are not at home, then it follows that you will turn the key and drive it home.

Has any member of this board ever had anybody say to them, "I'm too drunk to drive my cart home, here take my keys and drive me home."

A couple of years ago, my wife and I along with our daughter and her family were walking to our car at Spanish Springs. We saw a woman so drunk that she couldn't stand up. Her legs were like rubber bands. She had yet another drink in her hand. She stumbled into her cart and off she went. Best part of this......her husband was with her. He got into the passenger side and rode with her.
This thread isn't about driving the cart home drunk. It's about whether the police should hassle people for breaking the 'letter' of the law by having a container in a still cart. People could still drive home drunk if the were the driver, got out of their cart to drink, and then got back into their cart to drive home. Let's stay on point.