View Single Post

Old 06-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

IMHO the concern about how close Brownwood is to Wildwood is more than it should be. I did a bit of looking at both the Wildwood area and the Fruitland Park area using Google satellite view and here is what I've found.

The residential area of Wildwood is not as big as I would have pictured it. The residential area of Fruitland Park is considerably larger. The distance Brownwood to the nearest residential area and school in Wildwood is about a 35 minute walk. I would imagine that someone with mischief on their minds would more than likely use a motor vehicle to get there and they could just as easily been doing that to the other squares.

Also the distance I mentioned to Wildwood is about the same as it is from my home in Hadley, or Colony Plaza to the residential area of Fruitland Park, and I feel perfectly safe with that much distance.

Now I know that the crime rate in Wildwood is higher than in Fruitland Park, but despite that I still think that there is more concern about safety at Brownwood than necessary!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"