View Single Post

Old 06-11-2011, 10:44 PM
n/a

Hancle, I am impressed with Herman Cain. I looked your link to his website – hermancain.com. Your link does not work because you used http twice.

After examining his website and a number of other sites I could find that dealt with Herman Cain, I concluded the following:

1 His chance of winning the Republican nomination is nearly zero. He has no major endorsements and his on-the-ground organization is essentially nonexistent.
2 He has no political experience.
3 He not only believes in America and the American dream – he has lived it.
4 He has an incredible, verifiable record as a turnaround executive.
5 The USA is in desperate need of a turnaround leader; one who will tell the truth about our economic situation and present real, although painful ways that deal with it.

Herman Cain’s position reminds me of that of Marco Rubio, an honest, virtually unknown who decided to run for the US Senate against Charlie Crist. Crist, then Governor of Florida had the endorsements of the RNC and virtually the entire Republican establishment. I examined their background, experience, accomplishments and beliefs. I decided that Marco Rubio would make a better Senator than Charlie Crist shortly after his announcement in May 2009.

I supported Marco Rubio with my donations, very limited, from that point on. I did this because I believed he would be a better US Senator. I’ve never met either Marco Rubio or Herman Cain, nor do especially wish to. I’m not a groupee, nor does a ‘thrill go up my leg’ when I watch him. Sorry, I’m a conservative person who supports reality. A few minutes ago, I sent my first donation to Herman Cain. The amount is only two figures. If Herman Cain is elected, the support will have come from individuals, not corporate or party support.