View Single Post

Old 06-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Veteran member

Congratulations, Kathyzapp -

Since you have already sold your home, may I suggest you look at re-sale homes in The Villages. Get a sales agent from Villages Property to show you the available homes listed with Villages Properties AND an agent from a broker like REMAX or ERA to show you homes listed with MLS. Villages agents can only show houses listed with Villages Properties and outside agents can only show homes listed with MLS.

In my opinion, resales are a better deal because the bond will be much lower than in a new home, you see exactly what you will be getting in a resale, you can negotiate price with the seller, more mature landscaping, no construction around you.

I called Villages Properties to find out what the bond cost is on some new premier homes on 466. The bond is $50,000. Most new homes are averaging around $23,000 to $30,000 bond. My home was built in 2002 and when I bought in late 2009, the bond was $2,000. Makes a big difference on the annual tax bill.

Anyhow, congratulations on your sale. You will have a great time as a Villager. Hope to meet you sometime.