View Single Post

Old 06-14-2011, 07:53 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default interesting topic

I know there has been some discussion about this in the past; but I wonder if there is a real need for volunteers to drive for errands or doctor appts. I know someone mentioned the liability issue/law suit issue sooo one would need to be very careful about this sort of thing. I had kicked this issue around since I know someone here in Indiana that is in his mid 80's and he told me he keeps busy by driving the "old" poeple for errands (he was talking about those in their 90's) (BTW he also does their yard work...all as ministry) I know that one would have to be extremely careful about such an endeavor/ministry or maybe business....but the people in TV are soooo friendly. I wonder if neighbors could co-op together and take care of each other that way....just some thoughts. Sorry to ramble.

I have also wondered this same thing about the aging issue. My mother, like Boomers father, was a problem and threw one big "hissy fit" when we had to take her keys away....she was just getting into toooo many accidents and hiding it from us and blaming it on others....(she was paranoid with dimentia). We had to have the police remove her from her apartment since she had a gun and was bothering others. Definitley not the Walton's.

I had also thought that I would rather chance it by moving to TV, not knowing what the future holds, and taking it from there. No one is promised health or even tomorrow. I would rather be there and enjoy some good years and flex if things changed. If nothing else one could move back to family knowing that you had some good years there.