Thread: PODS cost
View Single Post

Old 06-14-2011, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljones190 View Post
We used ABF relocubes like others have noted. About 800.00 for their smalllest approx 6x7x8 from Mt. Laurel NJ to TV, worked very well, they even stored it for a month near Ocala waiting for our closing. I believe renting a truck is much more expensive but you will need to run the costs for gas, tolls etc. Go to ABF's website you can get an on-line quote, just fill in the details. Let us know how you make out since we will be moving down full time in a year or two and will be bringing more items.
I am getting information on PODS and Relocubes and ABF's linear foot deal in larger (pup) trailer too.

If...everything goes well and we are soon homeless... we may need storage for our stuff when we get there and POD offers climate controlled storage and that lock you lock on the end. Relocubes hold about a room of furniture. AND the use of their pup trailers are not as precise as to pick up and delivery.

I think it will cost us about 8K to get our stuff there and store it for a couple three months using PODS.

If we can get all this accomplished, and become homeless can the three of us and our kitties sleep on your lanai for awhile? We are no trouble.

We have already picked out our shopping cart for our day to day belongings.