View Single Post

Old 06-14-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Our country was not built on the old west but rather on justice through proof "beyond a doubt"... Hopefully, we will stop the "hanging" emotions and look for proof beyond a doubt and I have seen that yet by the state.
The state does not have to prove beyond a doubt...they have to prove beyond a REASONABLE doubt. Big diff. Barring an eyewitness or the deed caught on tape, there is (almost) always a doubt. The question is whether any doubt is or is not reasonable.

In my personal opinion, the state has already proven to me beyond a REASONABLE doubt that she killed her child. What they have not yet proven is whether it was premeditated murder or whether it was a very stupid mistake gone very wrong. I don't believe for one second that Caylee drowned in the backyard pool. I believe that she was chloroformed, duct tape placed over her mouth, and she died. If duct tape was placed over nose and mouth, premeditated murder. If over mouth only, premeditated murder or stupid mistake. Even if it was a stupid mistake, it was felony child endangerment, which makes any resulting death a felony murder even if it was an accident.