View Single Post

Old 06-15-2011, 12:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
With all due respect, with 2 glasses wine you are intoxicated and near or cloth to the limit.
With all due respect you need to read some science. According to the chart in my link it would take me 4 drinks in the first hour to reach the limit (i.e. the body generally removes about 1 drink per hour from the system as specified in the article and I weigh about 200lbs).

I found a good primer on the subject: http://chavesdwiprogram.us/pdf/Effec...toxication.pdf

But I'm not here to say that any level of drinking and driving is OK. I understand that any amount of alcohol can have different effects on different people (weight, age, food consumption, past damage etc.). Heck, I am a Registered Nurse.

In the future I'll let my non-drinking wife drive the golf cart home, even though I seldom have more than 1 drink at the squares. Even the AMA says you could benefit from 1 glass of wine per day

Again - this thread is about whether they should give citations to people sitting in carts at the square - not whether they should drive home or not. We ALL understand you shouldn't drink and drive.