View Single Post

Old 06-15-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAjd View Post
I have a Acer Netbook and just yesterday my Facebook account became VERY slow..even to the point where it seemed to be freezing up on me. I couldn't scroll my profile and if I'd click on a tab it would take "forever" to appear.
Friends told me to clear my "cookies", to defrag, and update my Windows. I also have AVG for my virus detection and I ran that and it showed "no virus's". It's still acting a bit slow and I'm wondering what more can be done. I'm not very technically knowlegable so would need a step by step direction---if someone could help.
My netbook is less than 2 years old.

I'm not sure if your problem is related to Facebook, but you should be very careful about what you agree to install from Facebook or, for that matter, email's in general. There are a number of programs that have been known to have a virus or worm that will send out Facebook emails to everyone of your friends and once they install the program, they too, become infected with the virus. For that reason, I do not add or install any programs on my Facebook account.

You should have a very good anti-virus program installed and make sure you have it scheduled to update on a regular basis. The reason you want to always update your anti virus program is because there are so many new virus's being introduced all the time.

Another necessity of having a good antivirus program installed is that it will also check your computer to see what may be causing it to be operating slow. There are a lot of anti-virus programs available and their complexity differs, so ask your local retailer of friend to help you select one that works best for you. Good luck!

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11