View Single Post

Old 06-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Sage

My guess: You'll probably find many of the buyers of new homes to be a bit younger than those in existing neighborhoods. But Sandy and I bought a resale last year and have found that our neighbors pretty much cover the 55-75 year old age spectrum.

Personally, I wouldn't worry much about the average age group of those living near us. If you tend to associate more with those closer to your own age, you'll undoubtedly connect with them through other means besides being neighbors.

Age aside, one difference I think you'll find in the recently built areas is the commonality that EVERYONE there will be new to the neighborhood. Speaking from the experience of moving into a 3-4 year old existing area, we're the 'new kids on the block' - pretty much every one of our neighbors has been living there for several years. But we've gone up and knocked on more than a few doors to introduce ourselves, always wave and say "Hi" to people driving by or out walking, etc., just to get to know some people there. But I'm sure it's a different overall feeling than moving into a neighborhood where EVERYONE is new! We'd like it either way........after all, it's in TV!

Bill