Thread: Panera at LSL
View Single Post

Old 06-18-2011, 07:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
I love Panera but, like many, dislike the long lines.

Here's a Panera story that just frosts me to no end.

My daughter gave me a Panera gift card for Christmas. It was a $25 card. I went to the Panera in Spanish Springs and bought a scone and coffee with it. The place was jammed with people and in all the chaos, I forgot to retrieve my card after she gave me the merchandise.

When I got home, I realized that I had forgotten my card, so I called to see if they still had it. "No, the manager said, when somebody leaves a card, we throw it out."
"What, I said.....how can that be, I was there less than an hour ago, you just throw cash into the garbage?" "Yes, she said, that's Panera's policy."

A couple of weeks later, the district manager was there and I asked him. He confirmed that was the policy. I didn't need to say anything to him, the look on my face told my story. There must be more to this policy than I am understanding.

When Panera is not jammed and when they are not throwing out my card, I love it.

JLK
They could (or should be able to) identify that card as yours by the transaction no. on your receipt. The chaotic atmosphere of the S.S. store and now this is all we need to know.