View Single Post

Old 06-18-2011, 12:23 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
Excellent point T-Bugs. I loved myself enough to start working when I was 12 years old. I loved myself enough to continue my education while working full time.
I loved my child enough to make sure she got a job at 15. I loved my daughter enough to see to it that she finished her college education, all the while working 30+ hours a week to pay part of her expenses. She also joined my wife and me working with the needy in our community, oh and by the way, she was all of 6 years old when she began working in the food pantry.
Seems like work has always been part of our lives, whether paid or unpaid. I can't imagine a more important way to show love for others than to prepare them to care for themselves.
There is no such thing as undigified work, no job too menial to be taken to support oneself. To love your neighbor as yourself does not mean to give someone what they should be earning for themself. It does not mean doing something for someone that they should be doing for themself.
To love ones neighbor means to enable them to do for themselves, they'll feel better about it and I will too.
AMEN BRUTHA! ~Jesus also says that we should not muzzle the ox that powers the grain grinder. He also says that all work is profitable. Not sure that he advocates dehumanizing others by making them soley dependant on others for their sustenance.
I love Jesus more than life itself. I give generously to the charities that He directs me to give to. Just happens that it doesn't include abortion mills like Planned Parenthood, that perpetual the lie that an unborn child is less important than the choice his or her mother must make. That is just the tip of the iceberg of places where I have not been directed to give.
Anyway, I agrees wholeheartedly with BlueDog...Thanks