View Single Post

Old 06-18-2011, 07:33 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Richie, my friend - I know you just wanted to be included in the love-fest with Actor, Dale, Waynet, and me. See, chilling out over a Yeungling serves a good purpose, doesn't it?

Anyhow, I did enjoy the clip of Joan Baez. I met her on Aug. 28, 1963 at the Lincoln Memorial at the Freedom March when Dr. King made his I Have A Dream speech. I also had the honor that day to meet Martin Luther King, Jr. Quite a day for an 18 year old kid from the all-white 'burbs.
I have to admit, in all honesty, that I've been a fan of Joan Baez for many years myself. She brings me back to my hippie flower power days of wine and roses and peace marches on Washington D.C. When I returned from southeast Asia, I was not a happy knee-jerk patriotic American boy.

But time goes on, I grew up and raised my family and I left my childish notions behind and reinvigorated myself in the value of our country and our freedom. I want my son and my daughter and their children to have the same chance to excel in our country without having the government riding on their back and holding the reins.

I know you don't believe it, but the country that you enjoyed is not the country that is being created by the people you support.