View Single Post

Old 06-19-2011, 06:24 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan
Default Gators Dockside at Spanish Springs - Bad Service

On Saturday evening, 6/18/11, my bride and I went for dinner at Gators Dockside at Spanish Springs. We arrived about 5 PM and were seated promptly (no waiting list). By 5:10 PM we had both ordered drinks and our dinner. By 5:35 PM, when no dinner had come, my wife stopped our waitress and asked about them. Her dinner then came shortly thereafter, BUT NOT MINE! By 5:50 PM, when my dinner still had not arrived, we called the waitress over and cancelled my dinner. I ate part of hers. When the bill came, I paid but asked to speak to the manager. A lady who identified herself as the Assistant Manager came to the table. We explained what had happened and our dissatisfaction with the service. She said she would look into why the two dinners were not served together. She also gave me the General Managers business card and wrote on it that we would get 20% off two meals on our next visit and initialed it. I just wanted to let everyone know we were not very happy with the service that particular evening. A couple eating together should expect to receive their meals together. It was busy but not overly so - no waiting list for seating, at least. We have eaten there numerous times in the past without problems so am hoping this was an anomaly. We will probably try one more time and see what happens but poor service like that is one quick way to run off your customers. It's not like The Villages doesn't have alternative places nearby where we could eat. And it is also not like there are so many potential customers during the summer months that they can afford to drive a few off.