View Single Post

Old 06-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Hi,

I wish I could say something different - but we just put them in the trash. Again - carefully.... when cold and usually a little damp. Having a home here is really no different from a villa in terms of dumping stuff. We have a good sized lot - but there is no place to dump the coals.

But - my very traditional charcoal-grilling hubs doesn't even want to think about going to gas. One reason we picked our lot is due to the shape and proximity to our neighbors house. We didn't want to put off new neighbors with charcoal smoke...
That's the answer Kate. I have one of those charcoal grills that has a hole in the bottom an a removable ash collector under it and you put your coals on a grate over the sweep out hole before use. Before the next use you can slide out the ash collector and put the cold ashes in a bag and into the trash. It's really quite simple.

A link of the type of grill I'm talking about. You can find cheaper versions if you look around.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Masterbuilt-20040210-2-Inch-Kettle-Charcoal/dp/B003JBJ9LS/ref=sr_1_24?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1308495355&sr=1-24[/ame]