Thread: Happy and sad
View Single Post

Old 06-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Gold member

I am so glad I read this thread. I am in the same boat..packing up to leave our mountain. Although I will miss the house, the land and the animals I see every morning at our feeding stations I have very mixed feelings about the isolation here. It is quiet, our home is hidden way down a road and no one can find us unless we give very clear directions. I miss being around people, but I also like the quiet and the open land and sky. However, at this point in my life, I real such a tug to be around other people and to have more things to do. Although many of my favorite things to do are pretty self contained, I see there are clubs for almost all of them. So I can do my thing, but with other people. That is such a plus. The closer our moving date gets (July 7th) the more torn I feel. But as pturner said to me (wise woman that she is), remember the beauty here and friends you will make. Don't let things own you, you own them. (I was having a terrible time getting rid of things that meant alot to me at one time, like things my deceased mom and aunts gave me.) So, now I am trying to focus on what I am going TO and not what I am leaving behind. I think of the green trees, the beautiful flowers and the lakes and it calms me. Change is hard. On the list of stressors, moving is number 2. (#1 is losing your mate.) So, I also think that my reactions are perfectly normal, human and expected. I think of getting into the car with hubby and the 4 legged kids and driving down our long country road and I think I will have some tears, but once we hit the highway, I will be fine.