View Single Post

Old 06-19-2011, 01:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Hi PennBF

She wasn't arrested, why read her the Miranda, 2.the judge under this circumstance has every right to have a court order, in order to keep all gamesmanship out of the trial is within his jurisdiction and certainly keeps the trial timely...3.How was the defense restricted? 4, I missed the overlay, was the jury privy to this?, 5,...They stipulated other decisions that allowed family to be present during previous testimonies, I'll admit this was strange..I won't be surprised if this will be tied up in court for many many years on appeal....I appreciate your insite as an attorney but still question some of your comments but that is what makes the world go 'round! IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I believe there will at a minimum be a mistrial. (1) the obvious problem of not reading her the Miranda rights, (2) The judge ruling that no testimony regarding expert opinions can be testified to if they were not identified in the report submitted by the expert prior to testifying, (3) the prepondence of sustained for the State vs Defense, (e.g. restricts defense from providing
an adquate defense,) (4) allowing the over layed view of the skull with tape and the mother inserted in the background (5) allowing possible witness's, (e.g. mother/father/brother) to sit in on the testimony during the trial even though they were identified as possible witness's by the defense. This is unbelievable!!
There are probablya bunch more and these are just a few that right or wrong would be plenty enough to call a mistrial or reversal by the appeals court.