View Single Post

Old 06-19-2011, 02:04 PM
n/a

Default Iagreed with the Citzen Case however....

I agreed with citzen primarily because it restore balance of power wherein Unions had a distinct advanayage and hence the Democrats.

However, I believe that allowing corporation and unions that much power corrupts our political system.

Let me give you an example. There is a charity that became a major political event in our corporation. It actually became a part of the promotional process. It got so bad that if managers did not contribute what the corporation viewed as the limited contribution it went in their file as a negative toward leadership. I had been asked to be a captain and managed 98% of our goal. As a HR guy people would come in and compalin that they were being forced to conribute a higher % than their salary increase.

The chair of event ( President of the subsidiary) demanded thsat I go back and raise the additional 2%. I refused. I called our legal department in Home Office. They refused to get involved...obvious why. so the chair pulled in people and demanded they kick in more. what was this all about " afeather in his cap" Needless to say I never ever again contributed to that charity and eventual lft this company.

So that is a small example of why I am against corporation/union involvement