View Single Post

Old 06-21-2011, 05:06 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

Good plan, HawkeyeFan, but listen to Tbugs and others and consider a resale. That being said, you will need a second sales rep, one who IS NOT working for TV. The TV sales reps can only show you homes, lots, etc., for sale by their office; an independent agent can show you all the ones not listed through The Villages. As someone pointed out, lots of real deals on reslaes, plus mature landscaping, sometimes upgrades in place that you can see, etc. Best of all (look out for this, it is not talked up much) on a resale the bond may be partially or (in some cases) fully paid off. On a new home you will have a brand new bond and they are big now - I forget exactly what they are but $20,000 in not unusual. Your biggest challange will be the short time you will be here (I presume you are on a Lifestyle Visit) to look around and see what's available.

I am a former Chattanoogan (Brainard, East Ridge, and Ooltewah area) and love it here. Still have family in Chattanooga (East Brainard) so do visit there sometimes.