View Single Post

Old 06-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
Thanks everyone for the quick responses. We will certainly consider looking at resales.

I bought the "Don't Even Think About......" book and found it to be quite informative. On the issue of the bond, can it be included in the mortgage? Is it tax deductible?

We are originally from Fort Madison, IA. I graduated University of Iowa 1970. We have lived in Chattanooga (Hixson), TN for the past 33 years. I'm an avid tennis player and the availability of tennis facilities has been an important element of our retirment commuity search. My wife Peg enjoys cooking, trying new recipes, reading and learning about cooking, and water aerobics. She wants a pool. I'm not so sure about that. Will have to do some research on upkeep and utilities costs. Decisions, decisions.....
HawkeyeFan:

to TOTV. I see you are new to this forum.

There's something to be said for both new and resale homes.

Some people prefer a new home that no one has lived in, built to their likes and the newer neighborhoods to seem to have younger residents.

Resales are another option that some people prefer as they have mature landscaping and little or no bond.

My impression is that no matter where you decide to live in TV will be a good choice. Another thing to consider is if you want to be closer to shopping, doctors, rec centers, etc, as opposed to the squares. Some have pointed that as time goes on, they visit the squares less often.

Other members could tell you whether the bond can be included with your mortgage or tax deductible as I am a wannabee.

Look at the "nuts and bolts" section as that will be helpful with things you need to do.

Like you said, "decisions, decisions, decisions".

When you head starts spinninning, take a break.