View Single Post

Old 06-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Platinum member
Default Major Problems

There are so many inconsistencies on both sides that they are almost impossible to count. Today is only one example in many.

When Dr. Bock (I think that was her name) testified that Caylee's body had only been there about two weeks based on the forensic botany that she observed, primarily concerning fallen leaves (leaf litter), the prosecutor, Jeff Ashton, brought up issues on cross as is his job. She seemed very credible, but then I'm not in the field to know the difference. My concern is with his argument about the muck surrounding the skull which he said indicated a much longer time. He said (and demonstrated with his hands) that the skull was buried in the muck up to the level of the eye sockets and at least mid-ear.

Now comes the question. Remember when Roy Kronk called in his find for the third time in December? He said that when he kicked at the bag (later he said picked it up) a human skull rolled out. Wouldn't that negate Ashton's statement about being buried in muck?

In the recap/replay in the news Baez couldn't get the drowning time right in his opening...early morning, sometime early afternoon, finally settling on early morning. The prosecution can't make up its mind whether to go for duct tape or chloroform.....now it's changed to both since neither one is totally supported.

Many of the legal analysts, most of which are lawyers themselves, are also getting put out with the judge and his often perceived bias (even by them). Remember, these same lawyers have occasion to have him as judge on their cases. It's also been said that he even slipped up at one time and referred to the prosecution as "we".

Baez needs to get his act together if he wants to save his client's life. He needs to realize that he doesn't have the luxury of doing it his way when it comes to orders. It ain't Burger King. Ashton needs to adjust his whiny attitude and stick to his business and quit tattling to the judge about Baez (he was texting, he needs to be sanctioned, etc.).

Our court system is not about numbers (at least it's not supposed to be). The prosecution has no interest at getting to the truth....only another win at all costs. I, for one, do care about the truth whatever that turns out to be.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."