View Single Post

Old 06-22-2011, 07:07 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I think the real dirty tricks are coming from the State. To illustrate why I say this: (a) The state attorney's continue to object in order to destroy any
continuance of statements by the witness. Is this legal..? Yes. Is it a trick to divert the testimony..? Yes, (b) The State fully recognizes they have the judge in their pocket and are using it to their advantage. Last night Greta
VanSustren said that in all of her experiences she has never witnessed a judge so bias against a defense..So it is not just me saying it. This was followed up by additional attorney's agreeing. (c) the state gave the defense a copy or original hard drive from the family laptop. Rather than identifying
what they may discuss they left open all items on the laptop. I can assure you that if I gave someone my hard drive, said I might pick some things off for proof it would take the full staff of the Dept of Commerce of the US to determine potential usage. It was unfair and a trick. There are many more but too many to put in a note. (d) I have to also add, how many times have you heard the State Attorney say: "Are you telling me?" or Are you saying that"? These are all leading questions but how many times have you heard the judge tell him to restate his question??
Just some thoughts..
Jeff Ashton was really toned down today. It certainly made his cross more effective. He still got in plenty of leading questions, though. I'm glad someone else has noticed that he pretty much gets away with it, too, but Baez does not.

It does seem amiss that the defense team did not focus on the hard drive entries concerning the dates that they had to know would come into play without being told specifically which ones they were. That's really a no-brainer and a big screw-up on their part. I didn't take it as a trick or unfair on the prosecution's part. There was no mention about how old the computer was so of course there would be meaningless and totally unrelated stuff on it. They wouldn't need to sift through more than a few months prior to July 15. (By the way, it was a desktop and not her laptop. That's why the efforts to see where everyone was since they all had access to it. I understand Casey also had a personal laptop, but I don't think they've said anything about it, have they?)
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."

Last edited by dillywho; 06-22-2011 at 07:34 PM. Reason: addition