View Single Post

Old 06-22-2011, 08:26 PM
Veteran member

I heard from one of the commentators that apparently the prosecution plans to show from the Anthonys' computer hard drive that on the day that Caylee was last seen (and, so, would be the day of the alleged drowning), there were computer transmissions (ie, emails, etc?) which would show that George was on the computer doing ordinary stuff during the time frame that the drowning would be alleged to have happened and the discovery of the body in the pool etc; thus to blow a huge hole in the drowning scenario.

I also heard that the prosecution has a witness who is a young woman in jail (for something else) who in actuality did have her toddler drown in a home pool, be found by the grandfather, etc; and the prosecution will offer this to show that Casey somehow heard that story and decided to adopt it as her own account.

The problem that this will all leave Casey with is that, since the nanny abduction scenario was clearly a lie, and the drowning (if Casey testifies to that scenario) will I think be easily shown to be a lie, she could be convicted of a capital offense no matter whether the jury believes that the death was deliberate or that it occurred unintentionally as a result of over- sedation from chloroforming, since that could be seen as aggravated child abuse. The jury could conclude (and probably would have to, since no other explanations have been suggested) that one of these two things happened - otherwise, why not just tell what really did happen, if there is some yet 'unheard' exculpitating explanation for what happened to Caylee, and throw yourself on the mercy of the jury and the Court?

I don't think the jury will or should allow a parent to just sit there and give no explanation (other than two completely fictional explanations) of the circumstances that lead to a healthy child who was in their care ending up dead, and the death and the body hidden for weeks, without the jury reasonably inferring, especially with all of the other evidence, that the silence (and the alleged scenarios which were shown to be lies) must mean that the truth, if told, would be incriminating.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.