View Single Post

Old 06-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laryb View Post
Just got our first electric bill after moving in full time. The house, an At Ease, is one year old, has 1481 sq. ft, we keep the temp. at 75f, and we have a refrigerator in the garage. From May 19 thru June 21 (33 days), the bill was $165. Since this is our first "full time" bill, we have no idea if this is high, low, or average. I also realize that it has been extremely hot (at least to us), but other posts I have read seem to say that $130 is average. Anyone with about the same sq. ft. see their bill yet?
$165.00 seems a little high. We have slightly more footage and our bill will top out at $130.00 max. We even have an electric dryer and our AC is nearing ten years old.. 75F is a couple of degrees lower than our setting. Fridge in the garage is convenient but our garages down here get very hot. This means the compressor is working very hard to dissipate the heat generated by the coils.

There is a handy little appliance called Killawatt (sp?). For a few bucks you could get one and plug your fridge in to it to find out how much it is costing. I think they are available at hardware stores. For a preview try this link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882715001. I got mine at Amazon.com.