View Single Post

Old 06-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcammel View Post
Recent take over of Wachovia by Wells Fargo can't be anything good. Recently I paid off a vehicle loan with Wells Fargo and called them to verify they received the payoff on June 6th. They acknowledged the account was paid in full and closed. Then on June 9th, they went ahead and took a $350 payment out of a checking account that I had already drained in preparation to close which was associated with my recent move. It caused an overdraft which I was notified by slow mail, and had penalties and daily fees of $63 which were not my fault. After 4 rounds of faxes, they finally mailed me a check for the amount withdrawn, but still refused to reimburse the fees charged by my other bank. They are telling me that I needed to give them 10 days advance notice to make a change to my electronic payment. The original form is written to cover "changes to form of payment", but for an account that is PAID in full, advance notification should NOT BE REQUIRED. They are not bending at all, so I started looking at the websites. Wells Fargo is indeed providing services that are closely related to back in the days of
the Stage Coach. The electronically withdraw funds accidently, but then return them 10 days later by slow USPS mail. I plan to tell 10 people a day about Wells Fargo until I get my refund. Who knows, maybe YouTube or even a local television might want my story. I am sending a letter to the State of FL Attorney General, this is absolute fraud. Additionally, they held my lien release for 21 days which is rediculous.
WOW...we have never had anything but excellent service from Wells Fargo and have been with them forever. I am really surprised to hear how unbending they are being. I know I spoke to the manager here a time or two and had no problems getting things resolved. One of them was a doozie---I deposited $2500 and on the way home noticed that the receipt said $250. I rushed back and the manager came right up to me because I looked kind of concerned (her words). She asked me which teller, I told her, she found the check I deposited and fixed it immediately. Have you asked to speak to the regional manager or the corporate head ? That usually works nicely.