View Single Post

Old 06-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

we are also snowbirds who bought on the historic side because of the lot size and landscaping; BUT MOST OF ALL for the calm nature of the area. we have no main arteries within the enclave so we have no traffic! the home we bought fit in with our real estate purchase plan and it is just around the corner from the adult pool with hot tub and late hours.

the homes on the historic side give us a sense of the neighborhoods where we were raised and live up north...as similar as the buildings are they all seem different because of the personalization that has occured over the years. we find that negotiating the golf cart bridge is no worse or better than negotiating the morse blvd bridge to get to lake sumter landing...and it is soooooo very convenient to shopping, restaurants and ss town square!

must say, however, that we don't think there is a bad village in the villages! we have friends and acquaintences in many of them and enjoy travelling among them. and even as "visitors" to their homes, we have met our friends neighbors and have almost as much fun with them as with our friends and our historic side neighbors.

oh, and may i add that the geographic size of the historic side makes weekend yardsailing there a breeze!...best done in the golf cart with a later on return to any home where car size items were purchased!