View Single Post

Old 06-23-2011, 10:51 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Unfortunately most people do not have experience with addictions and feel
using drugs is just a little hobby that is fun. An experienced addiction theryapist has an entirely different view as they have to deal with the poor
person who has moved on from the gateway drug. I will repeat that where
there is solid medical need then all bets off and it should be available. But to think of it as a good recreational drug and a good form of excape is very unfortunate and naive. To compare this class of drug as like coffee is not even rationale. The most serious problem is to take it lightly with the youth and young adults. They are the victims and future Rehab residents.
It is pretty safe to say that a very sizable majority of coke, herion, etc.
users started with the gateway drug marijuana. Once it goes from marijuana to the next class of drugs it becomes a "family" disease. Life can be so great that it is sad that some must drug themselves to escape the joys of good
living.
Your post tells me you don't really have any real first hand knowledge of the recreational use of marijuana and maybe even of alcohol, and on this issue you just have your heartbreak over casualties. Are there addictive personalities? Sure there are. People can become emotionally addicted to many different things. We might have to start a big list of what to ban.

Do you think the kids you're concerned about don't have access to marijuana because it's illegal? Do you think drinkers had no access to alcohol during Prohibition?

If you think that people who enjoy an adult beverage or even a marijuana cigarette are "escaping life", you really aren't thinking this through and embracing reality.

But I know I won't change your mind and you must know I won't change mine. I smoked for many years off and on as desired, and now haven't for many years because I haven't desired. I enjoy adult beverages more now when I'm socializing. Gee, how did I do that; just stop smoking? It's because marijuana is not physically addictive, and like most people, I'm not predisposed to addiction.