View Single Post

Old 06-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Sage
Default To clarify....I like rules too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Reading that, everyone ought to be able to see how legislators waste their time and our money to make sure more lawyers need to be hired, and more state bureaucrats have something to pretend they're working on.
I need to clarify my post above. I like the rules too, because we have lived in neighborhoods where even with reasonable rules and restrictions, some homeowners absolutely refuse to comply with simple, low-cost rules that keep the place looking clean and not trashed with outlandish paint colors, gaudy driveway paint colors and junky yard ornaments. There are always neighbors who refuse to grow up enough to, for example, keep their trash in the garage until the night of pickup, or put it out in appropriate bagging or containers. It's like "You're not gonna tell ME what to do..." (like a 10-year-old kid told to take out the trash before taking off on his bike).

My previous post was a reaction to the endless legalese legislators belabor to put into such bills, to require something like a lien for non-payment of HOA fees.

TV is as beautiful as it is BECAUSE of the rules we have.