View Single Post

Old 06-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Prices definitely went down from the height of the real estate bubble in 2006-07.

Look at Zillow.com and you will see prices then and now.

Houses both new and resales are selling pretty quickly in The Villages. Actually, the summer time is when most homes are sold, I was told. I bought mine (resale) 2 years ago in the summer - and my home is worth more today (according to Zillow) than it was when I purchased it.

Homes sell quickly if they are well kept up both inside and outside and are priced according to the market. There will always be people who bought at the top of the market and want to recoup all of their sales prices plus a profit. That ain't gonna happen now.
Tbug I bought in 2006 . Not only paid a top price TV had a take it or leave it attitude. I left a list of options I wanted in a house and told my sales agent to either find it or I would be looking in Charleston. she came back 3 weeks later wit a house. I sold my home in Minneapolis area within 3 weeks
just before the amrket began hitting bottom.

I wanted to move to Charleston in 2007 but market began dropping . Add to that the liklihood of rising prices from the influx of boeing people and Charleston is out of the picture