Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastsunshine View Post
If only all men thought the same way, women wouldn't
have to spend so much on anti-aging treatments and
products. Plastic surgeons would be out of business,
cosmetic companies would go bust, fashion houses
would dry up, spas would not exist, hair and nail salons
gone....well....you get the picture (and it isn't a pretty one)!!

WCS
WCS - I beg to disagree.... Rubicon thinks his wife is beautiful. My husband (and yes, I know how lucky I am), feels the same way about me.

I cannot speak for Rubicon - so hoping he will chime in - but my hubs has no issue with my clothing and shoe fetishes. He likes when I get my nails done (thinks it is sexy) and also when I turn up the makeup a notch or 6 to go out at night. He also tells me I look beautiful all sweaty and flushed after a five-mile walk.

Maybe it is because our generation grew up with our mothers' skin care treatment limited to cold cream - but I think there is a huge difference between buying clothes and shoes, polishing your nails vs. having 'procedures" done - surgical or otherwise.

Nothing I read in Rubicon's post gave me the idea that he didn't appreciate a dress that this wife felt beautiful in - just that she is beautiful to him without botox (botulism - really - who even thought of this?) and needles and nip/tuck.

I understand that many people are interested in "medical spas" and wanting to look a bit younger. I also have friends who have had significant plastic surgery (implants, tummy tucks, facelifts). All of these are OK if they make you feel better about yourself.

For me, I just need my honey to keep telling me I look beautiful!

k