View Single Post

Old 06-26-2011, 01:41 PM
Veteran member

Trish,
I realize you will only be in The Villages for 5 days but just to let you know of things to do when you are here longer.

The Villages is only a 90 minute drive to the Atlantic Ocean and a 90 minute drive to the Gulf side. My wife and I and another couple have "beach days" a couple times a month for day trips to the beach. Just great.

We also go kayaking with Discovery Kayak Tours about one time a month. We are going on the spring fed Rainbow River in July.

Lots of great things to see and do. Your first priority is to find a perfect house. May I suggest looking at resales as well as new? Tell your Villages agent there are some Lantana models on Talley Ridge Drive you would like to see. Trust me, they are very nice - and have only about a $2500 bond compared to around $25,000 for a new house. These are for sale by Villages properties so a Villages agent can show them. If a house is listed with MLS, the Villages agent cannot show them and vice versa.

Resales are usually a good deal because you can negotiate price with the seller and you cannot do that on a new house. Bond is much lower. No construction going on around you. Mature landscaping. You may find upgrades already in place instead of buying them later.

Just a couple more things to think about. Anyhow, you will love it no matter where you buy in The Villages.