View Single Post

Old 06-26-2011, 05:09 PM
n/a

Default We Don't Have Any

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
...I think I'd let the President and the Democrats decide what entitlements to cut and articulate this need to the public. It is his administration, after all. I won't be holding my breath for that occurrence though.

My guess is that after 2012, we'll be much less excited about all this. Playing politics?; everybody always is, aren't they. It's not limited to one party...
You're absolutlely right, Richie. It's now up to the President and the Speaker of the House.

Want my expectations? There won't be any significant change in our spending, and our debt limit will be increased. We'll kick the can down the road once again. Just like the politicians from both parties have done for decades. We were all told to wait and see what happens when the Republicans take control of the House (which determines spending bills).

I laughed when I heard that and predicted what would happen. Nothing. Who was it that walked away from the negotiating table last week? One of those guys who was going to lead us out of the dark, fiscal woods that we're in?

Baloney! We don't elect leaders, we elect campaigners for another election to one of those sweet 535 jobs. In the end, like Greece, our debtors will decide how our lives will change, not our "leaders". Because we don't have any.