View Single Post

Old 06-26-2011, 05:19 PM
n/a

I was on the Board of Directors for an organization that dealt with run a way teens. Attended more than one group therapy session as an observer and after 5 years of inolvement there is no one including Jesus Christ, praise be his holy name, that could convince me that legalization is anything more than users push to get people out of their way from continuing their irresponsible habit. As one member said how long before we get this addiction covered by medicare/medicaid.

The stories that unfolded at those group meetings had me in tears as I watched families struggling with what was described as reacreational use gone awry.

MJ has a higher THC content today than it did in the pass. Kids have no viable role models. Movie idols tell kids drugs are cool, sports figures tell kids drugs are the avenue to success.. Movies suggest that drugs are natural and common place. and now we have the government saying it is OK to do drugs.

What the heck is happening to us? Which way is our moral compass pointed? Why is abnormal behavior cool and the new norm? Who made what rule?

Have todays parents abidicated their responsibilities preferring the governement to tell them what is acceptable. Is teaching diversity more important that civics and history which by the way measures high schools effectiveness at only 12%. Sorry members but when our kids are more focus on their waist measurements than they are their IQ's you know we are in deep trouble.