View Single Post

Old 06-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydoc View Post
Pturner is right. Bring a checkbook. When we went, I was SHOCKED that hubby would even consider living in such a place. He likes the open land we have here in NM and grumbled about how close the houses are to each other. Well, we got there, drove around in the golf cart a bit, met our sales agent, looked at about 8 houses and then she took us to a new CourtYard Villa neighborhood (we have dogs who rule our lives and really had to have a fence). We were there 5 mintues when hubby said, Honey, good thing you brought a check book. I was again SHOCKED. I asked ARE YOU SURE? He said yes because it was my turn to pick where we live and where I would be happier. DONE deal in less then 48 hours. And my story is not that unusual. You will love it here, it is beautiful, there is so much to do, most of the people we met were wonderful and helpful and there are so many restaurants and stores (where we are if you can not buy it at walmart, you don't get it).

Ladydoc:

Great post. It made my eyes mist on how much I wanted this to happen to me.

Trish:

Personally I would definitely take the trolley ride and go to Katie Belle's on Monday to see Donna Moore. I am biased as I love her singing voice. Reservations may be needed.

Pick what you and hubs like to do and enjoy your time there as time will fly by.