View Single Post

Old 06-26-2011, 09:31 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Love Sunglass Alley there; hard to walk through and not buy a great pair of $5 sunglasses, and maybe $5 reading glasses; always losing them.

The place closes at 3PM, so I walk through the place and between 1:30 and 3:00 I look through the produce aisle and the guys are really ready to bargain then to get rid of their wares. What was 2 for....is now 3 for... and you buy 2 of something and they'll throw in another one. I got broccoli crowns for a song last week.

The guy in the produce aisle who sells nuts and dried fruits and seeds has some great stuff.

I like to look through the hardware stalls; the mini donuts are addictive; The used books stalls are great for us constant readers looking for a cheap treasure; the asian family that has the big paintings and framing section are worth a visit for inexpensive, but attractive wall art.

There's plenty more to kill a Saturday or Sunday afternoon browsing through, and the place is so big, you get a nice walk in the process.

Can you tell, I like the place?