View Single Post

Old 06-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

[quote=ceejay;365995]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsanborn View Post
So we WNYorker's are not only famous for losing 4 straight Super Bowls but more importantly being the seat of the original "cocktail"! Something that has served all of us well especially after 4 Super Bowl loses..[/QUOTE]

Amen...but someday (I hope it's during my lifetime) we will be in Football and Hockey!

And Gracie, we are not Buffaloes, we are Buffalonians and we are speaking Buffalese.

You would really like a beef on weck (short for Kimmelweck). It's a kaiser roll made only in Buffalo and topped with coarse salt and caraway seeds. It MUST be eaten the same day it's made or the salt begins to melt. The roast beef is thinly sliced and piled HIGH. Then you spread a little (or a lot, depending on your taste) horseradish on the beef (the best kind comes from the Broadway Market), dip the top of your roll in gravy (au jus or brown, whatever's available) and prepare to FEAST!

Oh My God....I want a BEEF ON WECK NOW!
~~~~~~~```
I hate to hi-jack another thread.......but I'm just reading in the St. James thread:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today, 08:03 AM
graciegirl
Sage Join Date: Mar 2008
Originally Posted by billnterri
We closed on our house on Yankee Clipper run Thursday and arrived today to pick up our keys. We're camping out in the house tonight with an air bed, two camping chairs, and a TV with an antennae. We're picking up Fox and some spanish speaking stations. (I knew I should have paid more attention in my high school Spanish class.) It doesn't matter though. We couldn't be any happier or excited to be here and start making new friends.
Terri

Hey there you two. Sweetie and I grew up in Columbus; me in German Village and he in Bexley. Nice places. Columbus and TV.

We send wishes for happiness, health, prosperity and low golf scores.

We'll have ya over for some jonny marzetti as soon as we return!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So just WHAT is this jonny marzetti stuff? Any relation to beef on weck, Anchor Bar wings, Wegman's, Tim Horton's, Weber's mustard??? I think we WNYers have got our work cut out for us. Maybe we'll make Gracie an honorary member of our rather.....fun....... Western NY Club!!!