Thread: Buying a home.
View Single Post

Old 06-27-2011, 09:25 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrr rex View Post
Hello People.
I will be a retired history teacher.
my wife and I paid a visit last year and we are thinking of buying a home.
She likes the "Court yard Villas"..
Any thing we should look out for before we buy?

Rex
WELCOME--yes do have that checkbook ready. We bought less then 48 hours after we got there on a first time visit and we bought a beautiful new Anna Maria CYV. The dogs own us and so we really wanted a fence for both their safety and no one wants me see me first thing in the morning out on the lania drinking coffee. There have been lots of posts about using those underground fences for dogs, but while they may keep your dogs in, they don't keep anything out..I did see a dog running in the streets and some folks have posted about seeing coyotes. SO, if you have 4 legged kids, do consider that. A lot of these wonderful folks here disagree with me about the underground fences, so I just wanted to mention the drawnbacks.

CYV are wonderful in our opinion. The only drawback would be the curved driveway. We have only one car...a town and country van and it is tricky to get out of the garage and onto the street withou running over about 3 inches of our neighbors lawn. I was worried about that, but hubby, ever the practical one, said that it looked like most people were doing the same thing and it was real likely our neighbor will do the same thing to his neighbor and the other one will do it to us and I would not care one bit.