Thread: Buying a home.
View Single Post

Old 06-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Default Kind of overwhelming

It is good advice to rent before you buy...even for a month.

We had visited about twice a year for the previous four years to visit my husband's cousin.

We came down over Christmas vacation 2009 to look and possibly buy. I spent hours researching places that I wanted to see. Spent two days with The Villages real estate sales agent. It is overwhelming!!! Husbands are not as thrilled to be dragged along. I wish I had brought my girlfriend along and scoped out the places first.

We ended up purchasing a place before we spent time with the outside agent. It was a wonderful neighborhood in Hemingway. However, I was never satisfied with the small one car plus golf cart garage on the cottage home. (We had looked at a villa, but I grew up on a farm and my last house was on 3/4 acre with a creek behind it...so I wasn't used to the cooped up feeling I got when we were on the Lifestyle visit the previous July. Also my husband kept running over the neighbors bushes on the curved driveway).

We wish we had listened to the advice to purchase a pre-loved home with lower or no bond, and all of the amenities already added (gutters, blinds, attic stairs, garage door opener, etc.).

We ended up buying a home in Bonita (another new one because I wanted a Jasmine) and we love it and the neighborhood....even with having to go through the whole process again of adding the items not provided.

All neighborhoods are great and every person finds the piece of heaven that they love...just take the time to make sure it's what you are seeking! Good luck hunting!! We know you will love it.

From Liberty, MO

Last edited by teachnmo; 06-27-2011 at 06:14 PM. Reason: missing word