Thread: Water Quality
View Single Post

Old 06-28-2011, 06:29 PM
KittyKat
Smile

We moved to the Village of Amelia 4 years ago and were besieged by salespeople. It's a long story but we ended up with a water softener from a new company that went out of business a few months later. People here will tell you that you don't need a water softener but we do notice a difference when I have forgotten to turn it back on after shutting it off to water the flowers(all the same water line, don't want salt water on the flowers): water tastes bad, hair doesn't shampoo well and my skin feels different. The only thing I hate about soft water is that when I wash my hands with soap it feels like you never get all the soap rinsed off even though it is. ECOWATER SYSTEMS has an ad in the Paper Net, one of those coupon/advertising magazines that come in the mail. I like it because the ad says they have been serving The Villages since 1980, not a "new" company like the one we bought from, has a Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval on a water softener & a drinking water system(probably the most expensive models) and they donate a % of every purchase to the WWll Veterans Honor Flight to Washington, D.C. I have not heard of the other company. I would definitely check both out with the Seniors vs Crime unit at the Sumter County Sheriff's Office at the corner of 466 & Morse. Good luck & welcome to The Villages!