Thread: Pool or not?
View Single Post

Old 06-28-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Having a pool is like having a boat. If you enjoy it then get one. If you worry about cost or the hassle of maintennance then forget it. BTW, you can have your own pool and go to the neighborhood pools also. But there's nothing like floating in your own pool in a drink raft and lovin' life.
I agree with you totally. If the cost is an issue then you should not consider a pool. I have had a pool before and never felt that it was too much work, and we maintained it ourselves. T&D will do it for under $100 a month, if not we might purchase a robot(which we had before) and with the salt chlorination, that is easy also.
We plan on going to the neighborhood pools when they have something going on. My main reason for putting in another pool is that we like to swim at night or early in the morning. I also believe we need and have rules to maintain the safety and beauty of TV, but I love the idea of my Grandchildren swimming in my pool with only Grandma's rules in effect. I have read some threads on this issue and it seems you can only play with certain approved toys which are noodles.
Lastly, love when its just adults and in a drink raft!