View Single Post

Old 07-01-2011, 08:24 AM

Hi, Katie1.

We've corresponded before about dance places in The Villages and I thank you for your feedback. We are very interested in ballroom dancing opportunities and don't see too many of those in The Villages. I am not interested in dancing in one of the small rooms at a rec center to CD's We are very comfortable with lounge music and don't need strictly ballroom or big band music. What we are doing in the area that we live in now is to go to local Elks or Moose Lodges that have large dance floors.

I got an email from Angela Privett, a real estate saleslady that is helping us to buy something at The Villages, with the following:

Try Nancy Lopez Country Club on a Friday night or Urban Flats or Tierra del Sol on Thursday, Friday or Sunday. Also, Mallory Hill and Havana Country Clubs on Thursday, Friday or Saturday with outside dancing. The outside dancing smacked of dancing on cement as at the Town Squares and as you well know, that can be a real challenge. She also mentioned Orange Blossom Opry in Weirsdale. Do the above places have a good-sized dance floor?

We especially like to go to places that have dining and dancing available. Are there any Elks or Moose Lodges or other similar clubs in the area? What about Clermont or Leesburg? I forgot to mention that the info from Angela was forwarded to her from a Nancy Swanson. You probably know her as you like to dance so much. We realize also that dance opportunities will be severely limited during high season.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.