View Single Post

Old 07-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Dancing Thyme

Hi Dapster.. Freeda is correct, check the rec center news for any ballroom dancing opportunities. Matter of fact, my neighbor is a fantastic ballroom dancer and I know that he and his wife go out many times a week to different club dances. I think they also go to Katie Belle's a lot.

As far as things outside the villages, I'm not too familiar with them but I can tell you the latest on what's happening here in the Villages right now.

I didn't know that Nancy Lopez has dancing but I do know that Urban Flats has dancing (and a large dance floor) many nights, but not to a live band, mostly to karaoke or individual guitar players or DJ's. The same hold true for Red Sauce on Friday nights, small dance floor but terrific R&R dance music to karaoke singers. RJ Gator's has the same on Wed nights and Saturday nights.

Waterfront hotel has a wonderful dance floor and has music most nights, you'll need to check the Daily Sun to find out who's playing. We just started a Sunday afternoon event at Waterfront and have had a great turn out for our first time last week.

If you like swing music and blues and boogie, McCalls still has music on Tues and Friday nights, great dance floor and some really great dancers.

Please let me know if your coming to town and we can try to catch up and talk in person.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....