View Single Post

Old 07-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Gold member
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl View Post
Yes! I've tipped busboys who gave better service than the server.
That said, I basically overtip - some small effort to make up for the cheapskates. Can't tell you how many times I'll see a couple get up from a meal and throw a dollar on the table like it's 1975.

My personal pet peeve is poor service given to single diners. I am single and frequently dine alone. I expect the same service that the table of 2 next to me gets. Servers will occasionally ignore me - take my order, bring my food and disappear - and lavish attention on the table that they expect will leave a larger tip. When I dine alone, I always leave 30-40% so the server is not "penalized" for serving a single. The last time I received poor service (breakfast at Perkins, with my server fawning over the table next to me), I left a note on the table that said "Tip: Don't ignore single diners - they do dine with friends as well. For your monetary tip, see the cashier." When I paid the cashier, I put a $5 bill in the charity jar by the cash register and told the cashier to thank my server for her contribution.
I like your style!!!