View Single Post

Old 07-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
I didn't have a security toy but understand the significance of such a precious thing. My stepdaughter had a little pound puppy stuffed animal that her aunt placed in her bassinet at the hospital on the day she was born. She still has "puppy" and she is now 24 years old.

That little puppy was is so threadbear you can see the criss-crossed threads of the cotton used in the brown faded material to sew up all that love. I embroidered new eyes when the plastic eyes fell off. I embroidered stitches for his toes when the threads came out.

I would warn her on vacations to please, please leave puppy at home. If you lose him; he's gone forever. She couldn't go anywhere without puppy. When she was a child, she carried that puppy on vacations, to the grocery store, in her backpack to school...everywhere.

When she was about ten, her mother lovingly told her it was time to give up puppy. My stepdaughter called me crying and said, "Mommy put puppy in a ziploc baggie and hid him from me. He's going to suffacate." I managed to talk her mom into letting her keep the puppy with her a little longer. Longer turned into a beautiful grown woman with a security puppy tenderly tucked away at her own home.
bkcunningham1, What a sweet story. Thanks for brightening my Sunday!