Forums

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Thread: tv reception
View Single Post

Old 07-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydoc View Post
It will be awhile between our arrival and the truck getting here, so we are thinking about getting a little tv to hold us over. Can you get any channels without cable or satellite?
We have Comcast, but hooked up the coax for a new 24" LCD TV to the cable outlet in the kitchen using no cable box...just directly into the cable in the wall. Allow the TV to scan for channels. You will probably have to go into your Menu Settings for this, or if it is a new TV you will be given this option during setup. We get 6 HD channels without a HD box or ANY box. 4 of these channels are the local ones in Orlando (ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX). We also get 3 DT channels, whatever those are. Those and 2 Orlando weather channels appear to come in, in HD. We get many other channels on this TV but not all of the many, many that we get using the cable box on our other two TVs. The picture on the HD and DT channels is VERY good, not so clear on the other channels. Hope this helps. I am not sure by your post if you will have cable service when you first arrive or not? If not, I am not sure just what, if any channels you will be able to get. It might be worth it to get your cable or satellite service in place ASAP so you can at least get those channels I mentioned above.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.