Thread: Water Quality
View Single Post

Old 07-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappak View Post
Is the issue with the water in The Villages due to hard water or water impurity? Has anyone had the water tested for a "gpg" rating? Has anyone on this post used Easy Water? There seems to be a consensus that something needs to be done with the water, but I'm not sure it's purification or softening? Personal insights and experiences are welcomed.
I'm not concerned with the safety of the water, I just don't like the taste. Sometimes it's worse than others. Some people like softeners, I don't feel the need for one.
Up north we have a lot of sediment in the water which is why I first went to a water filter. It removed the sediment but I still had a chlorine taste which I really don't like. For that I installed a faucet filter which removed the taste from the drinking water. Then I discovered the charcoal filter elements for the whole house filter which seem to work well for sediment an taste.
There are purification systems out there but I think that's overkill. I've lived in places in the world where there was no doubt that the water was unsafe. For those places we used water purification kits. I don't think that's necessary in TV.