View Single Post

Old 07-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Default we are finally here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcneill View Post
Hello and welcome!

After 8 months of researching both VLS and MLS for a pre-owned house with open backyard in a village located south of Stillwater and after reading dozens of TOTV posts on the topic of buying new vs used, we decided on a new construction designer home in St James. That decision is what worked best for us.

We chose St James for many reasons- convenient location: to 2 regional Rec centers, 4 golf courses, 2 shopping plazas (Colony and the new one to be built on 466a near library, easy and quick access to 2 major roadways (BV Blvd and 466a) but w/out the noise and through traffic; great location: once the villages south of 466a are built, St James will be perfectly nestled between the 2 newest town squares, the village does not border non-village owned land so all homes will be insulated inside the bubble by surrounding villages; a sense of community: it already has a well-organized and active social/community club; and bc the village is so new and therefore does not have an established neighborhood meaning that [/I]generally speaking[/I] the residents are younger retirees who are first time residents of TV which creates certain je ne sais quoi vibe to St James.

My advice to you is to research TOTV forums to learn about the pro/cons of buying new/used from posters, evaluate their comments, and then make whatever decision is best for you and your situation. No decision is a wrong decision if its the best fit for you.

And BTW, if your head is spinning now, just wait til you move to TV and have to select from among the hundreds of actvities to do every day.
Just wanted to say 'Hi' and that we also chose St. James for some of the same reasons. We will be moving in on this Thursday. YES!!!!!